Tuesday, March 14, 2006

before coming undone


Two guys on the train sang 'She's Come Undone' tonight, complete with acoustic guitar and portable drum set; one of the guys came and sat down beside me while singing. They actually started singing 'Smoke on the Water', then stopped and serenaded me with The Guess Who. Have you ever listened to the lyrics of that song? (useful horn section version of the song with lyrics below)

http://users.cis.net/sammy/undone.htm

I'm pretty sure it's about suicide. Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate "she's come undone"! Who sings it, the Guess Who from Canada? The worst is when he's breaking it down and is all like "mama, she's come undone." Everytime that geeky man says "mama" I cringe for him, for myself, and for the terrible song he thought he should record.
And I doubt it really is about suicide, he seems too stupid to grasp that concept. All he probably means is that "she must be coming undone because she left me so soon after we started dating. I tried to warn her it was a terrible mistake, but then it was too late, mama was gone!" ...

Whoa, angry rant. Hate that song. Hate.