Friday, March 02, 2007

clambering to the top of the moral high ground...out of breath

lame, I know. But maybe it was cigarettes that made me cool?






I just quit smoking. 4 days! Doesn't sound that impressive? Well, it's not. But it's something.

Things I am grateful for (not an AA-higher power way):


1. Super-great smelling room

2. Sarah not getting lung cancer (I bet her stupid rotten tooth was because I smoked)
3. Only 10 years until my lungs are almost all healed, hoorah!
4. That if I ever make it to 80, I'm totally going to start smoking again. And maybe I might develop a hardcore drug addiction. I totally thought of this before stupid Alan Arkin. I would never wear a leather vest.
5. Commit™ lozenges. Though they taste like poison, they are precious to me.
6. Crossword puzzles. I do them to occupy myself, obsessively. My mind will be a well-honed ('hone' is a very good crossword word, as is, strangely, the German city Essen) Trivial-Pursuit fighting machine! 6-letter word for not just a river in Egypt.

At any rate, another one of my very closest friends had a baby. Clark! Welcome. Wilkommen, as in Essen. We love you with your perfectly-round head, swirly hairline, and oily eyelids. You were the same day I quit smoking, so stop being so self-centered and focus on me. You would if you could focus, you little underachiever.


1 comment:

Shiny said...

You go girl, or, as we used to say back in the DAY: Jam on it! Guh. I just got shivers of horror. Anywho, you should try the gum. Tastes like hot, sweaty pepper. Mmm, good.