Friday, October 31, 2008

Only the sexy chairdancing people

I'm sitting in my office and listening to "In a Big Country" on woxy.com and it was making me feel all teary because it's very earnest and hopeful. I wanted to hear it again, so I watched the video. Bad idea.
Suffice it to say, I think there was a scavenger hunt.
And the scavenger hunt map was titled, "Big Country."
Videos totally suck.
Except for the original Charlie. And Charlene.

But wait. Videos can be used for good. I just taught myself all of Pepa's moves (whatever moves are appropriate for chair dancing) in "Push It" and my office is not a bleak hellmouth for 4:33 minutes.






P.S. I'll tell you before my sister rats me out. I used to think this song was "Shut up, it's bullshit." So I used to run around the house yelling that. Until my 7-year-old sister corrected me. HATE. Still better than a 12-year-old singing the real words.

1 comment:

muladhara said...

YES!!! I don't even think I outed you, I remember singing "ahh, bullshit" in hushed tones so mom and dad wouldn't hear us swearing.

I have been listening to this song non stop and hurt my knee trying to bust out some moves. I guess that's why they say "This dance aint for everybody...Only the sexy people" in the song. For shame.